Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable.
1. What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- contact and identification information, such as your name, mailing or street address, email address, telephone number and other contact details;
- copies of any correspondence that we have with you;
- product details such as details of any watch or clock you purchase from us and the purchase date, to the extent such information identifies, or could reasonably identify, you;
- warranty and service details, to the extent such information identifies, or could reasonably identify, you;
- credit card information;
- details of your transactions with us (including transactions conducted over our website);
- when you visit our website, [your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information];
- details of the products and services that you have enquired about, to the extent such information identifies, or could reasonably identify, you;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website;
- personal information that is collected from marketing campaigns, product research and customer surveys; or
- any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us, including any personal information necessary to deliver products and services to you and respond to your enquiries
We collect these types of personal information directly from you. We may collect this information when you:
- make a purchase from us;
- register in-store to receive promotional and marketing information from us;
- register on our website;
- communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites; or
- interact with our website, services, content and advertising.
2. Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide and improve our products and services;
- to facilitate sales and aftersales activities including the provision of warranty services;
- to provide customer support, care and information and manage relationships with customers;
- to enable you to access and use our website;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimise our website, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
- to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you;
- to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our customers, and enforce our agreements with third parties;
- for any purposes related to any of the purposes above which would be reasonably expected in the circumstances.
3. Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (e.g. an unsubscribe link).
4. To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- our employees and related bodies corporate;
- third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
- our professional advisers, dealers and agents;
- our payment systems operators (e.g. merchants receiving card payments);
- our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
- our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct in store or via our website;
- any purchaser or prospective purchaser of our assets or businesses (or any part of them);
- third parties where you have consented to the disclosure; and/or
- other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Using our website and cookies
- We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
- While we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
- We may also use 'cookies' or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage and remember your preferences. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognise you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser but our websites may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, are continually assessing our technology to ensure we provide the best security for you.
To keep your information secure, we safeguard our systems in the following ways:
Anti-virus protection stops threats before they reach our computer network.
Firewalls prevent unauthorised access to our network.
Secure transmissions maintain confidential information. Encryption technology such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) is utilised when sending information between you and Seiko. Security is achieved through:
Authentication to establish the validity of a transmission; this prevents another computer from impersonating the bank.
Encryption to scramble transmitted data over the Internet.
Data integrity to verify that information sent to us has not been altered during the transmission process.
However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information, particularly any information which is transmitted over the Internet.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
SEIKO Australia Pty. Ltd.
89 Epping Road,
Macquarie Park, NSW, 2113
(02) 9805 4777.
Effective: [27th June 2019]